There are hundreds of themes in Shopify, but not all themes are designed for fashion. A fashion theme needs to be big and bold, and it needs features where you can add several product variants to one clothing design. Some of the best themes for fashion are free, while some can cost you a fortune.
Here, we will take a look at the best themes on Shopify that were built for fashion stores. We will be providing you with both paid and free themes, and then you can make an informed decision after reading through our selections.
Mobilia is a theme where your slider occupies the entire width of the screen. It is packed with features like search engine optimization, free photos, social media icons, and mobile-responsiveness.
- Full-width Instagram feed – if you post on Instagram, these posts will also show on your store and will occupy the entire width of the screen. This makes sense because people who view fashion products want to see large photos
- Product page video – you can upload videos in your product pages, not just on your home page. A good idea is to use video clips to show the dresses or clothes in action with a model.
- Full-width home page video – the home page has the capability to play videos on full width. You can also use sliders if you do not have a video of your products, and these photos will also use up the entire width of the screen.
- Multi-level menu – you can add drop downs on the menu so customers can easily navigate their way to the type of clothing they are looking for
2. Mr. Parker
This theme has four designs called Wardrobe, Sunset, Apothecary, and Desk. In all designs, you can add a clickable button on the sliders which will take a customer to the product page. The only difference between the themes is that some themes will let you upload a video on the homepage instead of a slider.
- Product image zoom – customers can see a larger photo resolution if they hover their mouse on the product.
- Instagram feed – you can integrate your shop with your Instagram page. If you do, the things you post on your Instagram will show on your website, too.
- Marketing pop-up – this one is a pop-up that will appear on your store while a customer is browsing for products. You can put photos and texts on this pop-up to make your announcements about discounts or new promotions.
- Product filtering – you can program a filtering option, so a customer just has to click on a drop-down to show products specific to what he is looking for. A customer can sort from low to high price, alphabetical, best-selling, by date, by color, and so much more.
This one has two designs called Light and Beauty. The Beauty design allows you to put a slider on your home page, while the Light one shows your products on your home page without a slider. Both designs are mobile-friendly, and both have the sidebar menu on the left.
- Product image zoom – the product image will enlarge if a customer hovers the mouse on a part of it. This is great for viewing hard-to-see parts of a clothing item like the hems.
- Related products – the theme will show related products to what your customer is browsing. This is a great tool to increase your sales, and you no longer have to spend extra money on an app that does the same thing.
- Image animations – the images on your website will have transition effects, instead of just disappearing and being replaced with new ones.
This one has four designs called Mono, Reclaimed, Black, and Clean. The differences between these designs have something to do with the home page layout. Some have sliders that occupy the entire screen width, while some only occupy a third, and then you can put texts and buttons beside the slider.
- Color swatches – a color swatch is a grid of colors that will display available colors of the product that you are selling.
- Mailing list pop-up – this is a marketing campaign where you can ask your customers to subscribe to your newsletter. This pops up the moment they visit your website. You can customize the photo and text on this pop-up.
- Product filtering – you can set filtering options to make it easier for your customers to narrow down their product search. For example, you can set filters by type, collection, color, and so much more.
- Product image zoom – a different screen will pop up to the right side of the product image if the customer hovers his mouse on top of the photo. This is an enlarged version of the product picture.
With two designs called Vibrant and Black & White, you can choose if you want to show four products in a row or only two. This is the main difference between the designs. Both have a large slider in the home page, and you can also add clickable buttons and texts inside the slider photos.
- Large images – the photos you upload here are all big, so you can optimize and showcase the beauty of your products
- Single product gallery – if a customer wants to see all your products, he can click on this gallery and the store will show large photos of all your items for sale
- Full-width collection images – each photo used on your collection page will occupy the entire width of the screen
- Sticky menu – the menu is located on below the slider and will stay there no matter what page the customer is on
- Home page video – you can add a video in the slider instead of photos
With four designs, this theme was built for showing a line-up of products right below the slider. Here, you can put several products lined-up under the slider that a customer can click. Right below that, you can add a photo with text which you can use for short About Us section, or highlight a specific item.
- Slideshow – the sliders occupy the entire width of your screen, and there are left and right arrows that will allow customers to move the banners.
- Long-form homepage – your home page does not only contain the slider, products, and collections, but you can add many sections of photos, and texts.
- Multi-level menu – you can add drop-down menus under each clickable link on your h0me page. This will help you categorize your products, and make it easier for your customers to navigate your website.
- Quick buy – this feature allows customers to click a buy button and add the product to their shopping cart without leaving the page they are on
- Instagram feed – if you post an item on Instagram, it will also show on your store. You need to integrate the app to your store to do this.
The theme has two designs. These are Classic and Playful. With Classic, you can put collection photos and links. You cannot do this with Playful, as this design immediately shows specific products below the slider.
- Header slideshow – the slideshow is huge and occupies the entire width of the screen. This applies to both designs, and you can add several banners on your slideshow.
- Dynamic product grids – the products below the slideshows or collections are arranged in different phot sizes. The layout will also change automatically depending on the number of photos you uploaded
- Slide-out carts – people can add products to their shopping cart without leaving the page they are on. As the cart slides out, they can make changes to the quantity or sizes, and then they can just tap a button to make it go away.
- Home page video – the slider area can be replaced with a video. You can embed your link either from YouTube or Vimeo.
This one has four designs. They have different layouts, and the thing that makes them different is the size of the photo that you want to highlight below the slider. The names of the designs are Austin, Montreal, Melbourne, and Amsterdam.
- Email subscription – you can show a pop-up for your email subscription for all themes. You can change the photos and texts on the pop-up, and it will show the moment a customer is on your home page.
- Wide sliders – all the four designs have sliders that occupy the entire width of the screen.
- Collection pages – below the slider, you can put up to three different collections lined up in a row. However, you cannot do this with Amsterdam as it has a different layout. With this design, you can add a full-width photo to showcase your product.
- Quick buy – customers can immediately add products to their shopping carts without leaving the page they are looking at.
This theme has three designs called Warm, Light, and Cold. With these three designs, all sliders occupy full-width on the sliders. You can also choose to add a video on the slider area instead of a photo. All sliders have clickable buttons that you can modify. For Warm, you can add the menu bar on the slider itself.
- Vertical slideshow – in the home page, you can add a section where the customer can browse different products by using a scroll bar. In here, he will not leave the home page, but he will be able to see many products on one section of your store.
- Visual storytelling – the photos here are large, and you can add text beside them so you can tell your product’s story.
- Small catalogs – the theme can only be used for single-product stores or those that have a small inventory. The layout of the theme allows you to add different photos for different parts of a product, and then discuss in detail the feature of that product part.
This theme has four designs, and all of them have full-width sliders. You have the option to create an email subscription box pop-up or not, and the rest of the layout is pretty much the same where you can put two to three large photos of your collection pages below the sliders.
- Infinite scrolling – in this feature, customers can keep on scrolling products without leaving the page. All products will keep loading until there is nothing more to show.
- Large catalogs – you can put hundreds of items on the theme, as this was built for large fashion stores.
- Multi-column menu – you can add sub-menus on the main menu to make product browsing easier.
This theme highlights photos, so you can see huge photos that are shown vertically or on portrait mode. There is only one design, and you can use an email subscription pop-up on the home page.
- Side bar – the menu of this theme is on the left. You cannot put it to the right or on top, but you can add many links to this menu.
- Home page video – in the slider section, you can choose to add a video. You can also use photos or both of them. You can put several video clips, and the site will show one video after another.
- Single product gallery – if you have a specific product you want to promote, you can dedicate one gallery for this and show as many photos as you want.
- Product image zoom – the photos of the products will get larger if a customer clicks on the enlarge icon. Once the photo is large, he can move it up and down and left and right to see different enlarged portions of the product image.
Canopy is a theme where you can place several product collections at the top of your homepage. It has three designs, called Elda, Thread, and Kiln. All three designs have the menu on the top right below or beside your brand name and logo. Only Elda has a slider on top, and the other two immediately shows the difference collections at the top of the home page.
- Several menu options – you can choose how your menu is shown on your store. You can show a multi-level menu, a slide-out menu, or a large menu on top.
- Home page gallery – you can add up to 20 photos on the home page, and photos can either link to the collections of the products. For products, the photos will automatically include the price.
- Home page video – you can use a video instead of a photo on your slider. The slider is on top if you use Elda, but it is somewhere in the middle of the homepage if you use Thread and Kiln.
This is a bold theme made for fashion stores. The slider is big and occupies the full width of the screen. It has only one design, but you can put clickable buttons inside the slider, which will take the customer to a product page or collections page.
- Account creation – customers can create an account and log in every time they want to buy. This makes it easy for you to send email marketing campaigns as they need to supply their emails to create an account.
- Multiple collections – here, you can put three to six collection photos on the home page. Each of the pictures you use on the home page is clickable, and when a customer taps on that, he will be taken to the collection page.
- Product filtering – you can set a filtering option that consumers can use so they can search for the products they want easily. They have to check and uncheck boxes to make the filters work.
This one has three designs called Berlin, Prague, and Sofia. They all have different home page layouts. For Berlin, there is no slider. For Prague, the slider is a small size, but Sofia has a big slider that occupies the entire screen width. Both Berlin and Prague allow you to put a series of product photos in a row, but Sofia does not do this. Instead, Sofia has large photo templates for your collections.
- Large catalogs – you can put hundreds of products here, and you can make the search easier by using the multi-column menu function
- Advanced product filtering – your customers can filter their search based on options you program like color, size, or designs.
- Instagram gallery – if a photo is linked to an Instagram page, you will be able to show the likes and comments on that photo in the photo’s product page.
- Product information on hover – if a customer hovers his mouse on a photo, the product information will pop up, so the customer does not have to go to that product page anymore.
This theme is great if you are looking for a theme that has a huge slider. The home page is the best place for your huge banners, and these banners have clickable buttons that will take your site visitor to the page you want. After the slider, you can show photos of your collections, or you can post photos of specific products with their prices.
- Hidden menu – the home page will not show the menu. It will only show if a customer clicks on the menu icon.
- Account creation – customers can create an account and log in every time they buy. You can use their information for your marketing campaign.
- Multiple collections – you can add several photos of your collections on your home page instead of being limited to three. Not all of the photos of the collections will show unless the customer clicks on Show More.
Glow has three designs called Queenstown, Byron, and Cannes. Every design comes with an email newsletter subscription that pops out of the home page. Both Queenstown and Byron have large slider views that occupy the screen width, while Cannes has a half slider. Half of the page has slots for two collection page photos.
- Home page video – you can use a video in the area of the slider instead of a photo. The video will also occupy the full-screen width.
- Slide-out cart – the customer can add carts to the product without leaving the page where they are at. They can show or hide the cart by clicking on a button.
- Unique product grid – the arrangement of the photos are unique. They are not lined up in a row all the time. You can even show a product page within the home page
- Collection page sidebar – there is a dedicated sidebar on the home page where you can share details about a collection page once he gets there. This is a text section where you can also add product filtering options.
Shella is a fashion theme that offers fast loading speeds. It is quick to load, so consumers who want to browse many products do not have to wait before the photos load on their smartphones or desktops. It has several skins or color palettes and designs.
- Content builder – this is a rare feature in a Shopify theme. With this, you can create your text or banners or your slideshow, not just photos. You can even adjust the size of your photos and photo grids.
- Pre-designed pages – there are 75 home pages and designs you can choose from. These designs can be applied to your collections, skins, and layouts.
- Product page options – there are six versions of product pages. One will even allow you to split the product photo into four so you can load four photos on one photo slot.
- Product filters – you can create as many types of filters as you want, which will help customers narrow down their search.
All three designs have big banners or sliders. The menu for the designs are all on top, and you can choose if you want collection photos below the slider or a series of products with prices. You can also add a video below the collection photos that customers can watch as they browse your products.
- Multi-level menu – add layers to your menu for easy site navigation and product browsing
- Home and product page videos – add videos on the home page or the product page itself
- Quick view – if a customer clicks the Quick View button, a pop-up will show the details of the product, but he will still be on the same collection page.
- Product filtering – you can create filtering options so your consumers can browse according to their preferred product types and specifications.
This has three designs, and you can choose from them according to the home page layout you want. The names of the designs are Flourish, Spark, and Inspire. The Flourish design splits your home page slider into two sections so you can use two same-sized photos. The other two has regular full-width sliders.
- Image hotspot linking – you can tag images and then create link labels. If you do this, you will help your customers discover your products easier as they browse.
- Custom promotion tiles – there are dedicated spots on the home page where you can display banners for your promotions
- Color swatches – you can add a color grid to the product page so the customer can easily see what colors available for the product
- Related products – the store will automatically display related products as your customer is looking at one he likes. The system will also show related blog posts.
This theme has a total of four designs. They are called London, Paris, New York, and San Francisco. Each one is laid out differently. London has a split-screen slider, and a full-screen slider in the middle of the home page. Paris and New York have a full-screen slider on top, and San Francisco immediately shows collection pages after the slider.
- Full-width home page video – upload a video on your homepage that will play automatically. The video will occupy the entire screen width.
- Multi-level menu – create several layers of sub-menus for easy site navigation
- Product image zoom – the photo will enlarge if the mouse hovers over it. The customer can move his mouse up and down or left and right to view larger images of a part of a photo
- Collection page sidebar – if a customer clicks on a collection, there is a panel on the left side where you can add more details about that collection page, like what a customer can expect for that collection.
This one comes in three design called Casual, Lively, and Precise. They have different color themes, but only Precise has an embedded filtering option placed on the slider itself.
- Advanced product filtering – you can create filtering options to make product searching easier. The filter is used by a customer by choosing several layers of drop-downs, and then he can click Find to show products related to it.
- Product row – you can put a series of products with prices below the slider, and they have a quick view button that will show a pop-up with the product details even if the customer does not leave the home page.
Not all themes are built for fashion. If you have a fashion store, choose from our list here as they are made for large catalogs and they were built to showcase big photos of your products. Most of them also have a multi-level menu and product filtering options to make shopping easier for your customers.
Franklin Hatchett has worked online in various industries over the years generating more than 8 figures online. Now he teaches entrepreneurs how to start there own thriving online business! Franklins goal is to now educate others on how they can benefit from Ecommerce!