In Shopify, you can either use a free theme or buy a ready-made one. Both of these themes have limitations. But did you know that you can get past these limitations now?
Yes, there are apps that allow you to do drag-and-drop editing on Shopify, similar with what Divi or Elementor can do to WordPress.
But what are the best out there? Today, I will share with you the 9 best Shopify page builders. By the end of this tutorial, you should be ready to choose one of them and customize your Shopify page the way you want!
Shogun is a page builder that you can integrate with Shopify. With this app, you can build pages that will help you improve your conversion rate. The page-builder is also optimized, which means that you can build stores that are fast—great for customer experience and SEO.
Here are the features of the Shogun page builder:
- Drag-and-drop – if you really want to build your store from scratch, you can do it with Shogun. There are 30+ page templates that you can use, all customizable to your heart’s content. You can also create an unlimited number of pages with the tool.
- Compatibility – it does not matter what Shopify theme you are using; the only thing you need to do is to integrate the plug-in and then you can change everything you want.
- Unlimited tests – you can create versions of a single page, and then see which page converts more. This is what is called A/B testing, but not for ads. Instead, you do an A/B test on your pages.
- Data analytics – you can track your store’s performance and monitor important metrics. Examples of these are bounce rates, the number of products added to your cart, the number of sessions you have, and your form submissions.
- Sync Pages – you can sync product pages that are duplicate, or have them use different languages if you want. You can also combine the same elements or just copy one page to another, so you do not have to re-build the structure of the new page.
Shogun is offered at three price points. The first is $4 per month where you can build up to 25 pages. The next plan costs $99 per month and you can have up to four staff accounts plus 100 pages. The last plan costs $149, and you have a maximum of six staff accounts and 200 pages.
This one is a page-builder that lets you create landing pages, About Us pages, contact pages, forms, and more. The app is so good that it has rating of 4.9 stars on Shopify with almost 3,000 reviews.
Here are the features of Pagefly:
- Page builder – you can create any page that you want. If you do not like your product page you can change the way it looks. You can customize your home page, landing page, collection page, and even your blog pages. This tool also allows you to build a separate pricing and FAQ page.
- Templates – unlike Shogun, this one offers more than 60 templates that you can use if you do not want to start from scratch. You can delete, add, and edit any element of the templates to suit your style and branding.
- Custom page – apart from creating pages, you can also change how your website looks like on mobile or tablet. You can remove elements to give your site visitor a better experience on these devices.
- Custom fields – you can create different kinds of forms on your store; you can use this feature to create dropdowns, date, time, contact forms, and more.
PageFly has four plans. You can use it for free, but your editing functions are limited. The Silver plan costs $15.20 per month, and you can build up to 20 regular pages.
For the Gold plan, the cost is $31.20 per month, and you will have up to 30 history versions of your pages, plus a maximum of five homepages and up to five password pages.
The last plan is the Platinum plan that costs $79.20 per month. Here, you can create unlimited pages for your Shopify store, and also have unlimited history versions of your pages.
This web builder offers templates and a drag-and-drop editor to help you build your Shopify store. It has a free trial for ten days, after which you have to decide what plan to pay.
Here are the features of the GemPages Shopify page builder:
- Mini-apps – the tool has apps that you would typically buy on the Shopify app store. Now, you only have to pay for a subscription, and you can use all of these with no additional charges. For example, it has a sales app or urgency app that shows a ticking time right below the Add to Cart button.
- Responsive – the tool is optimized to allow your store to become mobile-friendly. No matter how you design your website, it will automatically adjust to fit the device that your site visitor is using.
- Templates – there are dozens of pre-made templates that you can edit. You can also create your own template and just reuse them on other pages. You will save a lot of time building your site.
- Drag-and-drop – the tool gives you access to website elements that you can drag and drop to your panel. After dragging the element, you only have to edit the text and the colors.
- Edit native pages – since Shopify already has pre-made pages in all its themes, it does not make sense to re-build these pages. Instead, you can edit these pages with the GemPages app and make them look according to your specification.
GemsPages offers a ten-day free trial. The plan with the lowest cost is $15 per month. At this price, you cannot design product pages so your Shopify default will apply.
The next plan is $29 per month, and it allows you to edit your product pages. The last plan costs $59 per month, and you can install the app to three different stores.
4. LayOut Hub
LayOut Hub is a page builder that allows you edit your landing page, contact page, About Us, and even your home page in Shopify. It has both free and paid plans that you can choose from.
Here are the features of the app:
- Easy to use – the tool has a complete documentation of how to use it. It is designed for people who do not understand coding.
- Library – the page builder has a massive library of themes that you can choose from. You do not have to fully start from scratch. You can also expect the developers to release between 30 to 50 per month.
- Optimized pages – all pages that you build here are optimized for user experience; the interface is also optimized so you can give the best experience to your site visitors.
- Drag-and-drop – if you do not like the template, you can remove some elements and replace them with new ones. Just select from a website element on the left side of your panel and drop it to the location you want.
- Easy preview – you do not have to launch the changes live to see how they look; the tool has a preview feature that allows you to see how your page appears to your consumers. Edit the parts as you deem fit before launching the changes.
The tool is free, but you will see the branding of the company at the footer. The free plan is also limited to three pages only. The basic plan costs, $14.99 per month with a limit of 10 pages. The next plan is Pro and it costs $29.99 per month.
You are limited to 50 pages, and the lazy load feature for images is activated. The last plan is called Premium and costs $59.99 per month. With this plan, you can customize unlimited pages.
This one is not exactly a page builder, but a landing page builder. The tool is best for Shopify store owners who want a single-page contact point with potential customers.
Here are the features of Zipify:
- Template library – you can copy any template from the library of Zipify. It only provides landing page templates that have made them millions of dollars—use them to build your very own landing pages. All of these pages are mobile-optimized.
- Unlimited – you can create unlimited pages for your store; you no longer need to pay extra to be able to make multiple pages. However, you may need to upgrade if you want to edit the blog pages of your Shopify store.
- Drag-and-drop – this tool also has a control panel where you can choose website elements that you want. Just drag them to your website canvas and customize how they look. You can also expect that the developers would add new blocks regularly.
- Native Integration – it is not going to affect your native Shopify pages. It integrates well and you can also edit the existing pages you already have on Shopify. You can also integrate the app with Facebook, Google, and other platforms.
The app is not free. There only two types of plans—Basic and Plus. The Basic plan costs $67 a month, and you will have access to a reporting dashboard. You can edit and create unlimited pages and also have access to chat and email support.
The Plus plan costs $97 per month. You will get everything in the basic plan, but you can also do split testing of your pages. With this feature, you can determine which design is better—and then use which one has outperformed the other. The Plus plan also gives you access to Booster Pages.
This page builder was created by a group of people who are also successful in building Shopify stores. They wanted to break out of using themes so they created the Hypervisual page editor.
Here are the features of the tool:
- Giant images – you can use large images without compromising your page load speed. You can also embed videos in any part of your web page. The images will also expand if there is still space, but you have the control to limit their sizes, too.
- Auto-integration – your pages will automatically get integrated with Google Analytics. They will also be integrated with Facebook Pixel. The company offers in-app chat support and email.
- No branding – the company’s logo will not be shown on your store. This means that your store will really look professional.
- Editor – you can change the design for your Shopify store pages; this includes your product page, collections pages, and your blog posts.
- Subscriptions – you can customize your forms instead of using he default newsletter in Shopify.
There are three plans for the tool and all of them are paid. The free trial only lasts for 14 days. The three plans are called Merchant, Pro, and Ultimate.
The merchant plan costs $9.95 a month. Here, you can edit up to 12 active pages on your store. This plan also includes unlimited blog posts. What this means is that all your blog posts will use the template your designed.
Then PRO plan, costs $24 per month. The limit is 36 pages and like the first plan, all your blog posts will use your template. The last plan costs $49 a month. It is this plan that allows you to use edit unlimited pages in your store.
7. Page Studio Page Builder
This is another drag-and-drop builder where you can customize how your store looks. It also automatically makes your shop mobile-optimized, and your pages will adjust in form according to the user’s device.
Here are the features of the app:
- Unlimited pages – you can create unlimited number of pages with the tool for only one price point.
- Drag-and-drop – like the other best tools in this list, you can choose elements or widgets from the tool and then apply them to your website.
- Hundreds of assets – the design elements are made headlines, buttons, cards, images, carousel, and so much more. You can even choose effects from the element to make your website a lot more personalized.
- Global CDN – all the assets of the websites use CDN, which means your website is not going to be slow.
- Advanced editor – if you know how to code, you will enjoy updating the components of this page builder. You have control over the code if you want to.
- 100% ownership – of you made pages through the app and launched them, you will retain these pages in your store even if you have already uninstalled the app.
- Preview mode – you can check how your webpages look like on desktop, mobile, and tablets even before you launch them. This is great since you can edit the page even before they go live.
- Duplication – you can easily copy and paste the templates you made and apply them to other pages on your site. This way, you no longer have to build each page.
The cost of the app is $14.95 per month. If you are unsure, you can always get the 14-day free trial first, and then decide later on if you want to continue using it. Unlike other tools, the price point of $14.95 is already inclusive of all the features.
8. SectionHub Page Builder
SectionHub is a tool that allows you to create landing pages and templates for your blog. It is free for two days, and you then you have to start paying for subscription. It works with any theme in Shopify.
Here are the features of the tool:
- Product data insert – the tool has several elements where you can add your product details, such as title, variant, catalog, image gallery, and more. This also includes elements like Add to Cart button, product collection, and description.
- Web composer – you can use elements to add more sections and functionalities to your store. The app is not a drag-and-drop builder. What happens is you will select from templates, and then import these templates to your Shopify store. And then you can edit the contents of the templates.
- Fast page loads – the designs do not negatively impact your page speed load. They were coded in such a way that they maximize your page performance, so your customers have great browsing experience.
- Lots of templates – even if it is not a drag-and-drop builder, there are hundreds of native page templates that you can use. You can choose from templates for your About Us page, Contact Us, FAQ, Home Page, and many more.
If you are the kind of entrepreneur who prefers templates, then this builder is the best for you. All you need to do is to choose a template and import it, and the app is going to apply it to your store no matter what theme you are using.
You can use the tool for free. The free plan allows you to choose templates. If you want more features, you have to subscribe to the Premium plan, which costs $9.99 per month. This plan allows you to build landing pages, inner pages, product pages, blogs, and collection pages.
Although the name sounds like it makes fun, it is actually a page builder that uses a drag-and-drop feature. Funify offers at least 25 elements that you can use as you are building your Shopify store.
Here are the features:
- Bundles – you can add a bundle and upsell function as your customer checks out
- Images – you can add images and video sections anywhere on your home page.
- Live preview – you can check how your pages look like before you make them live
- Opt-in – you can design your own opt-in form and not use the default design of your theme.
- Add to cart – you can create your own add to cart button, so you do not rely on what your theme offers
The app is free to use. For the free plan, you can only edit a total of five pages. You will have access to the full library of elements, plus you can control the SEO of your pages.
The other plan costs $9.99 per month. With this plan, you can edit all pages and add more. You can also design your store by screen size, plus get live chat support. This plan also provides you with the capability to build unlimited funnels.
Now that you know the 9 best Shopify page builders, I encourage you to explore them. Decide which one you find easiest to use and which one fits your budget the most. After that, take the free trial and test the tool out.
These tools are fantastic. You will no longer have a “me too” store. You can edit your store, change the colors, headers, footers, and product pages. As such, your Shopify store is now going to be a fully unique website.