An invoice app is a tool that allows you to create a document to ask for payment for a product or service you sold.
After you build your Shopify store, it's best that you decide what invoicing to use, as this speaks so much about your level of professionalism, and your customers will perceive you with credibility if you use a great looking invoice.
For Shopify invoice apps, you must have the capability to print or send it to the recipient’s email, add the details of the purchase and track the progress or closure status of each invoice.
7 Best Shopify Invoice Apps
In this Shopify invoice app review, we will take a look at the best Shopify apps that you can use to create amazing invoices.
These apps will make you look more professional, and will help you keep a record of your sales more efficiently.
1. Sufio Beautiful Invoice
Sufio has a presence in more than 3,000 online stores worldwide and its one of the top invoice apps online today. But, it's not free.
There are four packages that you can choose from, and the cheapest $14 per month.
The good news is that you can try it for free for 14 days.
Here are the different plans:
- Basic – $14 per month. With this plan, you can take advantage of automatic invoice creation and a maximum of 50 invoices per month. It is available in only one language and one currency.
- Standard – or $49 per month, you can get the benefits of the Basic plan plus unlimited invoices. You can also create invoices in several languages and currencies, and you get an added service of validating VAT numbers.
- Premium – this will cost you $129 per month, and it is best used by people who need to provide quotes and estimates to their clients. You will also get priority support if you are in this plan .
- Enterprise – this is the most costly at $499 per month. It is only in this plan where you can customize your templates.
All plans in Sufio let you create automatic and scheduled invoicing, charge payments online, and print in PDF in bulk.
It's not a cheap app, but it's well worth it.
2. Easy Invoice+
With a perfect star rating, you shouldn't be surprised that this comes at a hefty price tag of $24.95 per month.
It is one of the top invoice apps on Shopify and you can try it or free for 7 days.
Easy Invoice+ lets you create unlimited invoices. You can send them online or print them.
On top of the invoice, you can create packing slips and shipping labels from the app. You also create return forms that your customers can fill out if they want a refund.
Here are the benefits of Easy Invoice+:
- Wholesale invoicing capabilities
- Get paid through your Shopify store
- Customizable invoice for each customer
- Add products to the invoice even if it is not on the store
- Free customization
Use Easy Invoice+ only if you expect to send more than 50 invoices a month, and if you need to create different forms for your business.
Invoicify is one of the best free Shopify invoice apps online. It comes with four plans, which includes the free one.
The value proposition of the app is that it automatically creates invoices on your behalf. There is no need to create invoices for each order placed manually.
Here are the different plans:
- Free – the free plan only lets you create up to five invoices per month.
- Plan 50 – at $9.99, you have a maximum of 50 invoices in a month, coupled with all the benefits of the free plan
- Plan 200 – here, you will be paying $19.99 a month, but you will increase your maximum invoice capacity to 200.
- Unlimited – this is the most expensive plan at $79.99 per month. You can create an unlimited number of invoice, and it is best used by businesses with huge sales volume.
All plans have the same features and the only difference is the number of invoices you can send in a month.
With Invoicify, you just need to create an invoice template and the app will create individual invoices for each sale, taking into account your maximum invoice limit per month.
All invoices are archived, so you can visit them at any given time to analyze the orders or if you need to create a copy for your customer.
4. Order Printer Templates
If you are looking for free Shopify apps to use, then this may be worth your while. It's free to install, and additional charges will only apply if you want more services.
The company charges $29 per additional template, so this one works best if you only want to use one.
Here are the things you can do with Order Printer Templates:
- Create different invoices, packing slips, gift receipts, and return forms
- Choose from a variety of designs; change the color scheme to make it uniform with your brand identity
- Customize the form by adding your store details, contact details, social media details, and tax information
- Add your company logo for branding
- Add the image of the product sold
Customized address formatting; this will depend on the country of your choice
Order Printer Templates is best used by small businesses that only need one type of invoice.
Before finalizing your template, you have to be very sure, as you can no longer change it for free should you change your mind.
Zinevoice is a cheap app for invoicing. You can try it for free for 14 days, after which you need to choose a plan. The lowest cost is $10 per month, while the most expensive will cost you $35 per month.
Here are the different plans and what you can get from them.
- Starter – the cost is $10 a month, and you can only invoice up to 50 orders in a month. You can apply it to an unlimited number of products, view the invoices as many times as you want, and you can also change the templates unlimited times.
- Basic – for $20 per month, you can invoice as much as 100 orders.
- Premium – the cost for the premium service is $35 per month. What you are paying for is up to 250 invoices per month.
Zinevoice is great for people who are leaning towards creating individualized invoice per customer. It is also best for those who are after analytics, as all plans allow you to analyze your sales.
Another good thing about this app is that it automatically includes a photo of a recommended product in the invoice.
Like Order Printer Templates, this one is developed by Forberg+two. It is one of the best Shopify invoice apps as it has a high rating from 95 reviews.
The key differentiator of this app is that it does not only create invoices, it also allows you to create shipping labels.
The cost of the app is $29 per month and there are no other plans available. You can test it for free for 15 days, after which you will be charged a monthly subscription fee.
Here are the things you can do with the app:
- Print shipping documents
- Print in bulk
- Create return forms
- Send the invoices via email in PDF format
- Export the files in CSV or spreadsheet
- Available in 18 different languages
It is one of the best Shopify invoice apps because it allows you to create a “pick list”.
It's a list of items that an employee has to pick up in a warehouse, all of which will go to the same shipping box. It's best used by individuals who maintain their own warehousing unit.
7. Printout Designer
Printout Designer is one of those Shopify invoice apps that also let you create shipping labels and packing slips. It's not free, but you can try it free for 14 days.
The app costs $4.99 per month, but there are also three other plans that you can choose from.
Here are the plans:
- Micro – costs $4.99 a month. In this package, you can only process 50 orders a month.
- Starter – at $9.99, you can create up to 300 invoices a month.
- Basic – at $19.99, you can process a maximum of 1,000 invoices for 1,000 products.
- Professional – you will pay $59.99 a month, but you can create an unlimited number of invoices.
With the Starter plan, you will also get the benefit of automating your email invoices, cloud storage, and printing.
That sums up our review of these Shopify invoice apps.
As you increase your store traffic, what you need to do now is to assess how many products you are selling per month, and which services are important to you. Also see if you need shipping labels, or if your supplier will take care of that.
Only then can you decide which app suits you the most. You don't want to pay for 1,000 invoices when you are only selling 300 for now.
All of the apps mentioned above will work great with any free Shopify theme offer as well!