So, you have built your Shopify store and your ready to start getting sales!
Despite having a high quality product, you may find yourself not selling as much as you were expecting to sell. One reason for that is that you may be using a theme that is not ideal for your store.
You heard that right, not all themes are made to fit all stores. It really depends on what you sell and how you set the store up.
Either way, you want to make sure you have a clean theme that functions well.
When selling, there is a thing called user experience, the theme you use on your Shopify store must take this important factor into account.
You don’t want a slow theme with bad user experience!
This is where the Venture theme comes into the picture.
In this Shopify Venture theme review, we will take a look at this theme, its contents and what it has to offer. We will find out why you might want to consider using it to boost your online store’s traffic and conversion rate.
What Is The Venture Theme For Shopify?
The Venture Shopify theme is a clean looking theme for you ecommerce store.
You download it, or you integrate it with your Shopify store. After that, you’re free to add photos, product descriptions, web pages, and so much more.
Like all themes, the functionality will be the same for all users. But, instead of building a store from scratch, you use this theme. It comes in a template form so you only have to add your product photos and pricing then you can go live.
Unlike others, it was made for entrepreneurs who have a large inventory. It’s bold and dynamic and it’s best used by companies from all over the world in different niches.
A look At The Venture Themes Features
- End to end slideshow – what this means is that your banners at the top of the web page will not have empty or white spaces on both sides. A customer looking at your screen will face a huge slideshow of your choosing.
This feature is important because you want an in-your-face kind of message. Once the customer goes to your website, the slide show is the first thing that they will see.
The photos there will immediately send an important message like a sale or popular products you ant to sell.
- Three Styles – the theme has three styles. These are Snowboards, Outdoors, and Boxing. The layout for these designs on both the desktop and mobile versions are the same. The key differentiator is the color palette used.
Snowboards is a little laid back, as the site has a gray undertone. Outdoors has a bright hue and uses flesh as the basic color palette, while boxing has a dark and brooding tone.
- Products and collections – you can upload up to 50 product types in this theme and you can create up to five collections. A collection is nothing more than a category of products, which makes it easier for your customers to search for items.
Imagine if you were selling bike parts. Naturally, you want a collection of wheels.
To make that happen, you need to create a collection for wheels. When a customer clicks on that collection, the only products he will be scrolling down to are different types of wheels for his bike.
The Venture theme for Shopify is loaded with features, and it was built to help you market your products.
Apart from the main functionalities mentioned earlier, it has several built-in features that will make you reconsider if you have to change your current theme to this one.
Main Venture Theme Features Worth Considering
- Multi-column menu bar – most of the time, a store design only has one sub-menu that pops when the mouse hovers on top of it. With this Shopify theme, sub-menus will not appear on the right, but your product photos will.
Let’s say that one of your options in the menu bar is Backpacks. When a customer hovers the mouse on that, up to four different backpack pictures will appear, along with their prices.
This option is great, as it lets the customer see the content of that collection right away. The sub-menu will appear at the left of the navigational pane.
If your base category is camping, you can add tents and sleeping bags on the sub-menu which your customers can click.
- Slide Show – the key differentiator between this theme and others is that you can put many slide shows that highlight your product. All slides will occupy the horizontal length of the screen, making the pictures really enticing.
Use this feature to upload bright and inviting photos that highlight the qualities of your products.
A good technique is to show your products while they are in use. Take photos of happy people using your products, as it’s a good subliminal tactic to make a sale.
- Promotional Banner – on top of the slides, you can put a banner that catches the attention of your customer. It is best used for promotions for the month, or for coupon codes that will give your customers massive discounts.
You can also use this to make announcements or to express your company’s solidarity with the world during global celebrations.
- Single Feature – with Venture theme for Shopify, you can choose a single product that your website will highlight in the center or middle of the page. This move is great if you have inventory that you want to dispose of, or if you have a new product that you want to go viral.
- Product Filtering – this feature is great if you have a large catalog. Imagine if you are selling multi-branded products. By setting the filtering options, customers can tick boxes of specific brands they want to appear, or specific price ranges.
With this powerful tool, you are providing your customers with an effortless experience. You are saving them time from browsing your products one by one.
If customers felt that it was very easy to find the product they want, they are most likely to buy knowing that your website was done by a professional.
Venture Theme Extra Features
The features laid out above are not the only things you can expect. The theme has all the bells and whistles to create an online store that converts.
- Customization – you can change the parts of the webpage, the fonts, font sizes, and the color scheme to fit your brand’s personality. If you want darker gray, all you need to do is to toggle the color palette.
- SEO – this is a critical element of every store. Without search engine optimization, the search engines wont find your website. In this theme, you can use the appropriate SEO keywords and then change the meta title and meta description of each product page.
- Mobile-friendly – the theme was built to be intuitive. It will respond accordingly to the type of device that a customer is using. For mobile devices, it will change the site’s photo sizes, navigation panels, and font sizes to fit the customer’s mobile device requirements.
- Social Media Icons – It is not a wise move to forget about social media opportunities to advertise your products and to communicate with customers.
Every company must have a social presence. With Venture Theme, you can add your social media URLs, and the theme will automatically display them on your online store.
Examples of social media sites that you can link to this theme are Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Footer – never forget that one of the key elements of a high converting website is the footer. This is the area where your customers will find information about you. In the footer, you can add your shipping policy, refund policy, About Us page, and many more.
The theme also lets you create a subscription section where you can invite visitors to add their email address so you can notify them of new blog articles, updates, news, and promotions.
Advantages Using The Shopify Venture Outdoors Theme
Admittedly, no single theme is the best for an online store. It really depends on what you want to sell and how you want your Shopify store to look and feel like.
Let’s highlight the good things that can come out of using this theme.
- Free – many themes for Shopify are free, but this one is one of the best. To get all the features that this theme has to offer, you typically have to pay at least $50 or more to other developers.
This one requires no payment, and there is no subscription fee involved.
Unlike other themes, Venture has no trial version because it is free for life.
Many companies out there offer their themes for free, then you will get surprised that you can’t use the theme anymore unless you pay a subscription.
Well, that sucks… because once you have loaded all your products and pages on a theme, you can’t transfer them to a new one unless you do it manually.
- Built for Shopify – the theme is built for Shopify. What this means is that all of its code and software will run smoothly on the Shopify platform. If Shopify makes an update, then the theme will still be compatible for use.
- Responsive – the Venture Shopify theme is a highly responsive theme. What this means is that it is liquid enough to adjust to a consumer’s device. It can detect the type of computer the customer is using, and it will adjust to the appropriate size to give the customer the best viewing and site navigation experience.
Venture Theme Customer Feedback
The theme has a general consensus of 48% positive feedback. You may be thinking that this is low. The truth is, this rating is tantamount to a star rating of 3 out of 5.
What it indicates is that it performs well, it does its job, and it stays true to its commitment.
So, what are the complaints of those who are not happy?
- Coding – this theme is not easy to change in terms of computer coding. If you are new to the Shopify business, this should not be an issue for you.
The reason you want a free theme that easy to use is because you don’t want to go changing code if you are a beginner to Shopify.
For example, there are users who want to build a pop-up shopping cart by tinkering the theme’s code. You can’t do this with this theme.
- Scaled Photos – when the store is opened on small computer screens or mobile devices, the photos get cropped. This is an area of opportunity for the developer, but this is highly negligible too.
Photos that need to be scaled down require different programming and computing power.
Because this is free, it entails that some web elements must be compromised in exchange for other, more useful features.
Apart from these common complaints, some demand for in-theme features like an automatic shipping calculator.
The truth is, to ask for features like this from a FREE theme is too much. Automatic shipping calculators are paid store apps.
Themes are only made so your website has a backbone. All other functionalities that you need end up coming from marketing apps that you can integrate with the theme.
Shopify Venture Theme Review Conclusion
This Shopify theme review will not be complete without a verdict.
Overall, we will rate this with 4.5 stars out of a 5 star rating.
The theme is great for beginners who have lots of products to sell and want a clean easy theme to use.
Right from the start, the theme showcases a myriad of photos that can bring out emotions from a customer.
Use this theme if you have photos that bring back memories, or photos that seemingly invite your customers to take action.
This is a great theme to use on all of Shopify’s plans.
You Might Also Enjoy….
- 13 Top Trending Dropshipping Products To Sell Online In 2019
- Dropshipping For Beginners: The Simple Step By Step Guide To Starting
- 13 Best Shopify Upsell Apps To Boost Sales (Some Are Even Free)
Franklin Hatchett has worked online in various industries over the years generating more than 8 figures online. Now he teaches entrepreneurs how to start there own thriving online business!