DHL E-Commerce is a branch of DHL’s shipping service that is mainly focused on e-commerce businesses. It has different rates compared to the usual shipping prices for the average consumer.
The DHL E-Commerce shipping service is not available in all countries. You can find this service in countries where e-commerce is booming, like the United States. The service is available to merchants who are a shipping a huge number of products every day.
Let's take a look at some of the most common questions asked about this service. As a drop shipper, you will benefit from this knowledge if you are looking forward to having a different shipping option apart from UPS, your postal office, and FedEx.
What are the requirements?
To be able to take advantage of this service, you must be shipping at least 50 items per day on an international level, and then 100 items per day for domestic shipments.
To do this, you need to make sure that you have winning products in your store that many customers are willing to buy.
What benefits do I get?
Here are the benefits of enrolling for the service:
- Cheaper international shipping costs
- Cheaper costs of the products were returned to you
- Customs clearance – the customer no longer has to pick items from his country’s Customs Department. The package will be delivered straight to the customer’s doorstep.
- End to end delivery plus returns – if a customer sends back the item, he just has to give it back to the DHL office, and DHL will send it back to you for replacement or refund.
- Pick-up and drop-off offices in many locations
Are there other services apart from these?
Yes, apart from the shipment itself, the merchant can take advantage of some features.
Below are some examples:
- Cash On Delivery – DHL will accept the payment on your behalf as the merchant. The customer will only pay after inspecting the product. This shipment strategy prevents returns.
- E-Wallet payments – you can use DHL to take payments on e-wallets, and then you will receive the payments after the shipment is completed.
- Six Days of Delivery – instead of five working days, DHL will ship your packages from Monday to Saturday.
How fast is the shipping?
The typical shipment timeframe if you use normal services can take months. This is bad for business. Many customers today are looking forward to receiving their products within the day, or less than a week.
If you successfully become a member of DHL E-Commerce, you can expect to have your packages delivered locally within a week, and within three to ten days for international shipping. If you use ordinary shipping, your customers have to wait between 30 to 60 days just to receive the product.
Is there a report I can use?
Yes, DHL E-commerce offers a reporting tool where you can do the following:
- Monitor the status of your shipments
- Print labels and tracking numbers – you can send the tracking number to your customer
- Access your invoice and shipment rates
- Show the average time it takes for your products to be delivered
- Know the average cost of your shipments so you can increase and decrease your rates
- A warning system that shows if a shipment has a problem such as if it is lost or if no one received it
- See if there are expected delays due to bad weather so you can warn your customers
- Schedule the pick-up
DHL E-Commerce is for big businesses that ship at least 150 products per day. As a dropshipper, you can achieve this status if you work hard enough to get clients internationally after you build your store.
Today, the biggest e-commerce sites such as Amazon and Alibaba use a similar kind of service, and this is why their packages are delivered to the consumer’s doorstep, instead of the customer claiming it from the postal office.
If you are at a stage where you ship as many items as 150 per day, try DHL E-Commerce, and you can save a lot of money on shipping, make your customers happy, and then earn more profits!
You Might Also Enjoy
- Shopify Pricing Plans: Basic Shopify vs Shopify vs Advanced Shopify
- How To Start A Shopify Store In 12 Minutes With A Few Simple Steps!
- 31 Private Label Products With Ideas To Grow Your Business!
- 21 Best Free Video Editing Software Programs!
- 21 Creative Ways To Make Money Online With Your Ecommerce Store
- AliExpress Paypal: Guide On Using PayPal To Buy Items On AliExpress